Thursday 18 October 2012

Frames have begun


We had a site meeting yesterday with our ss about a couple of changes (he wasn't impressed about this) and three guys were getting stuck into assembling our frames. When we went back out at four we weren't expecting much but they had done a huge amount. Thinking they would leave soon we hung around so we could check it all out but they didn't leave til 6.30 when it was nearly dark.

 I feel a bit anxious to see how big the rooms are and unlike my hubby and the girls I opted to not wander around the frame in the dark and instead will wait til Saturday, I really do feel nervous about this.  I'm hoping the kitchen and family room are not too cramped as this is where we will spend most of our time.

Our roof has been delivered and gutters too. Will post better pics when I am able to view it in proper daylight.  

It was much darker than this but I used a dslr.


Little one being dwarfed by the frames and checking out a possible future bedroom.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tash! Looks like they made a huge amount of progress already on your place! I wouldn't worry about the room sizes - every time you go on site they will either feel too small or too large, and usually once they are all finished you realise they are fine!

    The paintings you liked will be featured on my new online art store (due to be online in a couple of weeks - eeek!). You can buy the originals (there will be others in different colours) and also prints of them. xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply Anna. As I mentioned on your blog I have been searching for something like this for my daughters bedroom, she wants touches of turquoise throughout her room so something with that colour and the little splash of pink would go well.

      Tash

      Delete
  2. Hi Tash!

    Loving your blog and the house that you're creating! Over at the Decorating Forum (www.decoratingforum.com.au), we'd love to feature your blog and follow your build. If you're interested, please e-mail madonna@maddanhome.com.au.

    I look forward to talking to you soon!
    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Madonna, oooh will have to sign up and check it out, always love to pick up and discuss ideas with other more knowledgable people than me.

    Tash

    ReplyDelete